You know us Rowley's, we love to make lists. Here's some of the last decade of my life in list form - Not necessarily in chronological order -

Graduated High School - finally moved out of the G. Riv.
Weber State (Weber State, Weber State....alright...mediocre...ok) - Meet some of my altime favorite people there....... Brittany Rasmussen, Ty Burgess, Kara Stowers, Jessica Brothers...... To name a few
Watched the towers fall
2002 Winter Olympics (everyone in Utah went, but it was still cool)
Was introduced to actual music, haven't listened to country since
San Juan Puerto Rico Mission, learned Spanish, gained a testimony of what I already knew.
Val Bart Rowley, I can't wait to see you again. And 1 of my son's will be named Val even if everyone will think it's a girls name.
Weber state, again
Alaska to visit the sister, no bears, this time.
Sky Diving, pee-ed a little
Lost A LOT of weight
The Pier 1, promoted then demoted
Marathon - swore only once (she deserved it), bloody nips, and was way too unsympathetic about the Ty Burgess bee sting.
Europe - didn't die, as predicted by my mother. (Soon to be Saint) Gaudi pilgrimage.
Saw bull fight, felt bad for the bull
Became a 'true aggie'- 4 or 5 times.
Utah State for 3 years - Graduated with degree that no one understands.
Learned Auto Cad - really well
Designed Casino carpet
Way more Demo Derby's than anyone ever should
Cliff jumping, night games on campus, and Neil Diamond tribute bands
Sucker punch in kidney from DJ Howe
First stitches, no one thought was near as big of a deal, or traumatic as I did
Got first 'grown up' job
24, Arrested development, 30 rock, the office, lost, HIMYM, Little miss sunshine, Hot rod,
Cried at least 10 times (half of those on MLK day), laughed a million times more
Friends got married
Gained massive appreciation for the padres, Rea and Lar are the best
Fossil hunting, proud owner of 50 million year old piranha 'pebbles'
Utah State, version 2.0
Sacred Grove - alone, it was a big deal for me
Lived in 16-ish different places, in 9 cities (I'm counting the 4 in PR, I know it was a mission but I did live there)
Allowed myself to change, progress
Met more awesome people than I could possibly name
Have been blessed more than I could have ever hoped. Here's to another decade as good as the last one
Nice recap of the last decade. And btw, you can always use Val Kilmer as a second reason to name your kid Val (he was a man named Val also).
ReplyDeleteI loved the post and I'm glad I met you this last decade!
ReplyDelete"Friends got married." I made the post! And now that we're neighbors you should be friends with Fez and me.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your fossil made the list. I was just thinking like yesterday how rad Dave was and how much fun Fossilpalooza was. (PS. I'm fairly certain Fossilpalooza '10 will have the the lady that taught me how to knit attending. She is so rad. So maybe keep your schedule open for another installment.)
ReplyDeleteI'm always game for so more Fossilpalooza! And how awesome is it going will it be to be able to say 'second annual Fossilpalooza'!
ReplyDelete