October 16, 2009

Brady

So, first of all, I know I haven't posted for quite a long time. I would like to say it's just because I've been ridiculously busy (which I have been, for reals). But, the truth is, I haven't written anything lately because I don't really know what I want this little blog of mine to be. It's having a bit of an identity crises (I'm not, just the blog). I just haven't thought of anything really worth writing lately I guess. Well, at least until now.

So I was having a little discussion with my roommate today about family. And I was telling him about my brother, Brady. I realized in our conversation that I always tell other random people about about how much I rely on him, but never tell him.

So therefore, I think this is worth writing, and reading.

Some random facts about Brady.

He is about 10-ish years older than me (I believe he's 35), and the man has basically taken care of me since the day I started college.
He helped me decide to go on a mission, then helped me not back out of going on a mission (I don't think he even knows that part, I was in panic mode for a bit), and he taught me how to shave (not in that order, the shaving came before the mission, but not long before sadly).
He has helped me move like a million times, I can never seem to stay in one place for long.
He got me through math 1010 and stats 1040, not an easy feat. And moral support-ed me though many other not awesome college moments.
He's always there when I need him. Always.
And he really likes baseball...............which I don't get, but whatever.




It seems so simple, he just does little things here and there. But I don't think he really gets how much the little thing matter. I've often said, to anyone other than Brady, that I would not be able to function as a human being without him around. But, the funny thing is, I don't know if I've ever actually said that to him. I think we do that all to often. We assume people know how much they mean to us, and how grateful we are for them, so we never actually let them know it. We'll always tell the random stranger at the deli counter in the grocery store 'thank you', but never say that to the people who actually matter. I don't even believe that it's because we are afraid to, I believe its because we don't even think to.
So, thank you, Brady Rowley. Everyone else knows that I love that your my brother, and now you do as well.

2 comments:

  1. Who is this Brady Guy? I wish I could meet him someday? I think this post would be great to save for when I am going through my mid-life crisis and need some direction. Your are a great brother and friend. Your right about not knowing about the mission- but I do remember the shaving!! I still think it is an overrated experience and try to avoid it like the plague (ask Jen, its been since last Tuesday) but it only looks like a 2 O'clock shadow, not dark enough to be a 5 o'clock yet. Someday I will have the grizzly Adams beard! Oh, yes it will be mine!

    I love you too and I am grateful you are my brother! Thank you for the dedicated blog page and everything you do. Words cannot explain. Thank you for being my brother.

    Why can't I turn off the waterworks (AH).

    To those that read this comment, don't think this brotherhood and friendship is one sided, Josh deserves as much gratitude and thanks as he shares!

    Love ya Bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know in the movies how someone reads something written by another and though the person is reading silently, we can all hear the person who wrote it? Thats how it is when I read your blogposts. That was a sweet post, Joshua. Its a good idea to share stuff with your loved ones because you really never know how long you have with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete